What is Mini-Med?
Mini-Med is an exciting health lecture series open to the community and designed to put you into a
This series is tailored for lifelong learners in the Okanagan and showcases basic and clinical research occurring right here in the region.
Our goal as a university is to share our expertise with the community. Delivered by UBC researchers from Vancouver and the Okanagan, presenters include some of the top research talent in the field today.
Classes take place at UBC Clinical Academic Campus, Kelowna General Hospital (KGH), 2312 Pandosy St.
What to expect from UBC Mini-Med series:
- Four educational and entertaining classes taking place over four weeks at Kelowna General Hospital
- Each class includes a one-hour presentation followed by 30 minutes of Q & A
- Individuals have the option of registering for the whole lecture series or individual lectures
- Senior and student ticket pricing is available
- Reduced ticket prices are available for a second adult when an adult ticket is purchased
The 2016 UBC Mini-Med series:
- Special focus on the brain
Visit the Curriculum page for a full listing of lectures and presenters.
The lecture series is open to members of the public, UBC Okanagan alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff.
More than 80 medical schools, universities, research institutions, and hospitals in Canada and the US offer a Mini-Med program.
Last reviewed 10/13/2016 11:55:43 AM